Sunday, February 19, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 2/19/12


Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I've posted an excerpt from my novel LIFE ON THE EDGE. Emily are Sergei are sharing a moment after a successful competition.



“Bet you never thought you’d see this day when you first started working with me,” I said. “I could hardly stay upright in the lifts.”

“I always knew you had it in you.”

Sergei’s hot breath teased my ear, stirring the feelings I’d locked away when I was on the ice. With my arms wrapped around his strong shoulders, my mouth so close to his neck, I fought to push those feelings down again. I put all my energy into expressing gratitude, the one emotion I was allowed to convey to him.


Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

7 comments:

  1. Great tension, Jennifer - and perfect timing with Dancing on Ice in full flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good six! Intrigued that gratitude is the only emotion she can show to him. Need more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though they 'broken' your link (7 sentences) I had to come looking. I love the way you build up the emotion here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! I don't understand the broken link. It's six sentences unless they're counting "I said" as a sentence? I thought since there was no period, it was counted as part of the first sentence.

      Delete
  4. Now we want to know why gratitude is the only emotion allowable. Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last line was the perfect compliment to the rest of the six. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete