Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2014 Olympics - Meet the U.S. Ladies


Today is the ladies' short program in Sochi, so let's get to know the U.S. ladies team!

Gracie Gold

Gracie Gold trains in El Segundo, California and won her first national title last month. She burst onto the junior scene a couple of years ago and immediately had people talking because of her huge tripe-triple combinations. She was a little rough around the edges artistically, but since she's teamed up with legendary coach Frank Carroll I see a huge difference in her carriage and presentation. My favorite program of Gracie's is her current short program. She skates to Grieg's Piano Concerto, a piece I used in my first book and one I wish more skaters would use!



****

Ashley Wagner


Ashley Wagner trains in Artesia, California and is a two-time national champion. Ashley first made us take notice of her when she won the bronze medal as a teenager at the 2008 national championships.She had a lot of spunk, and it's been fun to watch her style mature over the years. She's become an elegant and sophisticated performer. My favorite program of hers was her 2012-2013 short program to the soundtrack of The Red Violin.


****

Polina Edmunds


Polina Edmunds trains in San Jose, California and was the junior national champion in 2013. I love the way Polina seems to float over the ice when she skates. She has a very ethereal quality about her. I knew she had a bright future when I watched her win the junior title last year, but I wasn't expecting her to make the leap to seniors and immediately make the Olympic team! She was so impressive at nationals this year, though, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for her. My favorite program of hers is her current long program. 


Don't forget to enter my Olympic giveaway! The final prize will be announced and given away tomorrow after the ladies' free skate!

No comments:

Post a Comment