Tuesday, December 16, 2014

LOSING THE ICE Teaser #2!

I only have three chapters of LOSING THE ICE (Ice #2) left to write, so I think it's time for a new teaser! The novella will be out in early Spring!

****

I unzipped my Team USA jacket, and when we reached the end of the hallway I gave it to Em. My hands fidgeted with the braids woven into my up-do, then the halter neckline of my rose-colored dress, and then the hem of my short skirt. Josh stepped in front of me, and he gently grasped my shoulders, stilling me. I stared up at him and took in a slow breath.

His long-sleeved, V-neck shirt showed off his lean muscles and matched the color of my dress perfectly. We’d worn our costumes at a dress rehearsal at home, but looking at us together now, standing just a few feet from competition ice, it really hit me.

We are a team. We are truly a TEAM.

The jitters shaking my legs kicked into a higher gear, and if Josh hadn’t been holding onto me, I probably would’ve collapsed into a trembling heap. He rubbed my arms with long, warm strokes, and slowly my butterflies simmered down.

His eyes roamed over me and met mine with a deep gaze. “God, you are so beautiful.”

My butterflies fluttered their wings happily, and I locked Josh in a tight hug. Leave it to him to be practically mute all night and then to say something so sweet.

“I just want you to know…” His soft voice tickled my ear. “Skating here with you tonight is an absolute dream come true for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment