Saturday, January 23, 2016

2016 U.S. Nationals-Saturday Events


Well, today was an emotional roller coaster. To sum up, here were the things that made me ecstatic:

1) Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea being total bosses and nailing their whole program like it was an easy practice. When Tarah landed the throw Lutz, I became a crying mess. The way they relate to each other is so lovely and honest and it really draws you in to their performance. 
2) Marissa Castelli and Mervin Tran energizing the crowd with their Journey program. Even though they had a couple of mistakes, their other elements and their spark with each other and the music lit up the building. My God, how I wanted to see that program in Boston. It would've been an insane atmosphere.
3) Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus winning the pewter medal. They have worked so hard for so long to scratch and claw their way up the ice dance ladder, and they've quietly improved year after year. To see them put out their best performances of the season and be rewarded for it was so satisfying.
4) The ladies all bringing it tonight and putting on quite the show. I hope this gives our world team the confidence they need to slay in Boston. No flubs in the short, please! (I'm looking at you, Gracie and Ashley.)

Here are all my photos from Saturday's events => PHOTOS

No comments:

Post a Comment